Primary Job Function:
Mounting and dismounting tires, flat repair and inspection.
Essential Job Functions:
- Place wheels on balancing machine to determine counterweights required to balance wheels.
- Raise vehicles, using hydraulic jacks.
- Remount wheels onto vehicles.
- Locate and repair by sealing punctures in tubeless tires by inserting adhesive material and expanding rubber plugs into punctures.
- Replace valve stems and remove puncturing objects.
- Patch over ruptures in the tire casings.
- Prepare rims and wheel drums for reassembly by scraping or grinding.
- Dismount and rotate tires.
- Buff defective areas of inner tubes using scrapers.
- Identify tire size and ply and inflate tires by manufactures specified weight.
Other duties may include customer courtesy driver, answer phones and counter sales, product pickup/delivery. May also be asked to assist with alignments and in the Lube area.
- Mount, dismount, air pressure checks, balancing, tire rotation and flat repairs.
- Ensure lug nuts are tightened to the proper torque specifications.
- Inspect brake pads.
- Recommends preventative services when warranted.
- 18 years of age or older
- A valid driver’s license (required)
- Clean driving record